I think that overall it's sturdy enough and well made, but it really doesn't fit the Nikon Z8 along the side. The bottom is fine, but if you use that bottom button on the side , which I do, it is obstructed by the side plate. Also if you need to plug in a microphone, while doable, it's not the best. Will be returning it and getting the plate for the Z8. I had high hopes for this and it might fit other cameras just fine, but not the Z8. If you don't use anything along the side, it's probably just fine.
MC-LS Universal L-Set
The MC-LS is crafted for professional photographers, enthusiasts, and anyone who demands excellence. The MC-LS offers unmatched adaptability, catering to your camera and your shot.
The MC-LS adapts to a variety of camera body sizes and screen articulation. An anti-twist flange plate prevents any unwanted movement. A two-piece sliding L-component can be removed completely to provides added flexibly.
- Arca-Compatible Design: Based on the RRS Dovetail Standard, the MC-LS is Arca-compatible.
- RRS-Lock® Compatibility: The MC-LS fits with RRS-Lock, offering lens-centered indexing and a secure lock with an ARC-LR clamp.
- Universal Adjustability: The MC-LS Adapt to a variety of camera body size and screen articulation.
- Enhanced Flexibility: Sliding the L-Component fits body size and port configurations.
- Tailored Fit: The shifting fore-aft mounting screw, flange plate, and L-component provide flexibility.
- Optical Center Precision: Fine-tune your optical center with fore-aft sliding capability.
- Integrated Steel QD socket: This plate features a fully integrated QD (Quick Detach) mounting system.
- Camera socket to anti-twist flange distance:
- Max: 29.89mm
- Min: 3.95mm
- Camera socket to LC:
- Max: 76.2mm
- Min: 43mm
- L-Component side port access window width:
- L-Component forward/back slide:
- .+/- 5 mm
In the Box
- MC-LS Plate
- Base Plate
- Anti-twist Flange Plate
- LC1 L-Component
- LC2 L-Component Dovetail Base
- x3 B107 1/4"-20 screw
- 1/4"-20 x 3/16" flathead screw
- 5/32" custom hex key
- 5mm Safety Stop screw
- 2.5mm HexKey
3 Reviews Write a Review
Just received it yesterday and will be sending it back to B&H for a refund on Monday. Does not fit.
Maybe it could be a bit lighter, maybe an open jaw would make accessing the side ports a bit easier, but there is a lot to like, it has so many possible ways to configure the base plate, so many ways to shift the bracket right left, front back, longer shorter. Got to say this L-bracket is very very nice! An altogether excellent product.