Panning clamp. PCL-1 has dual mounting socket for both threaded installations or "through-hole" installations.
PCL-1 key features:
- Central mounting socket is 3/8-16 threaded
- Precision panning base finely laser engraved at 2.5 degree increments
- Integrated Really Right Stuff-compatible quick release screw-knob clamp
- Our unique drum & perimeter band brake design for positive pan locking is robust enough to hold moderate vertical loads without slipping.
- Built-in circular spirit level
- Comes with dual mounting socket (hex-socket cap head stainless steel screws 1/4"-20 and M6 supplied).
- Two 1/4"-20 sockets spaced 2.188" (55.56mm)
- Can replace the clamp on the top of your ballhead, eliminating the need for a leveling base for many applications.
- Or buy our custom dovetail mount for your PCL-1: PCL-DVTL. Now simply drop your panning clamp into your lever-release clamp for part-time use just when you want to shoot panos.
- Can be mounted back-to-back with our B2-FAB clamps for quick positioning on our MPR-1 rails or Camera Bars.
- Can be used as a super-compact action head when combined with one MPR-1 multipurpose rail and your ballhead
- Can be used for omni-directional pivoting; see multi-row panorama packages.
- Comes packed in its own OP/TECH neoprene protective pouch
- The finest Really Right Stuff quality materials – machined from solid aircraft aluminum for lowest profile and minimum weight.
Want to add a dovetail mount to your PCL-1 clamp? Our PCL-DVTL "Panning clamp dovetail" is a slim, custom mounting dovetail that mounts to the bottom of the PCL-1 Panning Clamp and allows PCL-1 panning clamp to drop into any Arca-Swiss style clamp. See Related Items at left.