This foot replaces the Nikon lens collar foot on the Nikkor AF-S 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR Lens. You can mount your lens in any Really Right Stuff clamp when this replacement foot is installed.
- To remove the Nikon foot, use the M2.5 hex key tool that comes with the LCF-17 to completely remove the four Nikon mounting screws.
- To install the LCF-17, use the four original Nikon M3 screws and secure the Really Right Stuff foot to the lens collar.
- If your mounting screws loosen over time, consider using a drop of LocTite 242 for better security.
Use one of our Long Lens Packages to stabilize your telephoto lenses and improve your shots. And don't believe just us; read this article by Thom Hogan.
Why Choose a Replacement Foot Instead of a Lens Plate?
A replacement foot with built-in dovetail mounting will be lighter, lower in profile, and provide the best possible stability for your lens.
- Length = 5.6 inches (slightly longer than the stock Nikon foot)
- Height = 1.7 inches (same as the stock Nikon foot)
- Includes the foot, two M3-0.5x6 safety stop screws, and one hex key tool.
- This replacement foot allows hood reversal for storage.