This foot replaces the Nikon lens collar foot on the following Nikkor lenses. You can mount your lens in any Really Right Stuff clamp when this replacement foot is installed.
AF-S 500mm/f4 ED-IF lens
AF-S VR 500mm/f4 ED-IF lens
AF-S VR-II 500mm/f4 ED-IF lens
- To remove the Nikon foot, use the M2.5 hex key tool that comes with the LCF-16 to completely remove the four Nikon mounting screws.
- To install the LCF-16, use the four original Nikon M3 screws and secure the Really Right Stuff foot to the lens collar.
- If your mounting screws loosen over time, consider using a drop of LocTite 242 for better security.
Use one of our Long Lens Packages to stabilize your telephoto lenses and improve your shots. And don't believe just us; read this article by Thom Hogan.
Why Choose a Replacement Foot Instead of a Lens Plate?
A replacement foot with built-in dovetail mounting will be lighter, lower in profile, and provide the best possible stability for your lens.
- Length = 5.0 inches / 127mm
- Height = 1.75 inches / 45mm
- Weight = 4.7 ounces / 134g
- Includes foot, two M3-0.5x6 safety stop screws, and hex key tool.
- This replacement foot allows hood reversal for storage.