CRD-87 Ring: Nested ring with clamp mount accomodates lens barrel diameters that do not exceed 101mm.
Camera Rotation Device Package includes one each CRD-87 Ring, FAS Clamp, CRD-Rail, and MPR-192 rail; saves $25. This item page is for the CRD-87 Ring ONLY.
Lens collars make recomposition from horizontal to vertical (and every angle in between) a snap. Unfortunately, many of our favorite lenses do not have this useful feature. And there are times when using an L-plate to recompose is not fast or precise enough. Our exciting new CRD-87 solves those problems. Our CRD-87 keeps lens axis centered at any angle. Adjustable components allow for perfect positioning with virtually any camera & lens combo equipped with Really Right Stuff quick release plates. The CRD-87 is more than just a camera rotation device allowing quick horizontal to vertical repositioning; it's a precision adjustable support system fully integrated with our renown quick release components. Initially developed at the request of famous fashion photographer Melvin Sokolsky, our CRD-87 is super-robust and ideal for the studio Portrait, Fashion, and Product photographer, yet breaks down quickly and compactly for field and location use.
- Maximum Lens Diameter: 4”/101mm
- Maximum Camera Body Height (from Camera Mount to Center of Lens): 3.4”/86mm
- Rotates a full 360 degrees.
- Locks at any rotation angle for precise composition control.
- Allows lens axis to be precisely centered on the rotation point.
- Quickly adjusts to fit most cameras equipped with Really Right Stuff quick release plates.
- Fully compatible with B87-B flash bracket accessories (see Flash Bracket page).
- Allows lens "nodal point" to be positioned at pivot axis.
- Can be used as a focusing slider for close-up work.
- Tool-less setup and breakdown for compact storage.
- Precision CNC machined from 6061 T6 aluminum and beautifully anodized.
CRD User Manual