Our BH-40 LR ballhead comes with our B2-40 LR quick-release clamp.
BH-40 LR features:
- A custom-sized lever-release clamp to match smaller contours of the BH-40: B2-40 LR clamp.
- 40mm diameter ball is hollow.
- Dual drop notches.
- Knobs and lever are captive and uniquely shaped.
- Main locking lever is springloaded; pull out to reposition in 60-degree increments. Lever freely clears platforms narrower than 2.7 inches.
- Drag set control has laser engraved indictor scale.
- Exclusive drum & symmetrical progressive band brake securely locks panning base.
- Panning base is laser-engraved at 2.5 degrees intervals.
- All components are either anodized aluminum or stainless steel for years of corrosion-free performance.
- Other clamp options: B2-mAS, B2 AS II, B2-Pro II, or PCL-1.
- Really Right Stuff camera body quick-release plate required; purchase separately. Body plates are model specific, not generic. Under the Categories tab on left, select "Camera & L-plates" then drill down to your specific make and model.
Comes packed in its own padded Cordura protective draw-string pouch. Use the pouch to cover and protect the ballhead when mounted to the tripod, for carrying the ballhead in your carry-on luggage when traveling, or when the ballhead & tripod are strapped to a photo backpack.
And a note about load capacity...
We rate the load
capacity of our BH-40 ballhead very conservatively at just 18 pounds. Why do we do this when
competitors' ballheads in this same class are rated for greater load capacities? We feel that a
better guide for choosing a ballhead is to consider how well the ballhead operates
while it's loaded with gear. For example, we routinely recommend our BH-40 as the
ballhead of choice for lenses like 70-200mm/f2.8 zooms and 300mm/f4 primes. Does that mean the
BH-40 can't handle a 300mm/f2.8 lens? Of course not! Our BH-40 ballhead is robust enough for
occasional use with even a 500mm/f4 lens. But if you primarily use a 300mm/f2.8 lens (and
bigger) for your tripod work, we guarantee you'll be happier with our BH-55 full-size ballhead.
Bigger loads simply handle better on a bigger ball, period. So when you're trying to decide
which ballhead is going to be best for you, consider that load capacity is only one of many
features to consider. Any questions? Call our onsite pros and we'll help you choose the best
support system for your gear.
BH-40 User Manual
Lever Release Clamp User Manual