Our BH-30 LR ballhead with no clamp, no platform, no pouch.
- ¼-inch tapped stem.
- 30mm diameter ball is hollow.
- Single drop notch.
- Knob and lever are captive and uniquely shaped.
- Main locking lever is springloaded; pull out to reposition in 60-degree increments. Lever freely clears tripod platform.
- Exclusive drum & symmetrical progressive band brake securely locks panning base.
- Panning base is laser-engraved at 2.5 degrees intervals, zero to 360-degrees.
- All components are either anodized aluminum or stainless steel for years of corrosion-free performance.
- Clamp options: B2-40 LR, B2-mAS, B2 AS II, B2-Pro II, or PCL-1.
Does not come with protective pouch.
And a note about load capacity...
We rate the load
capacity of our BH-30 ballhead very conservatively at just 15 pounds. Why do we do this when
competitors' ballheads in this same class are rated for greater load capacities? We feel that a
better guide for choosing a ballhead is to consider how well the ballhead operates
while it's loaded with gear. For example, we routinely recommend our BH-30 as the compact
ballhead of choice for lenses like 70-200mm/f2.8 zooms. Does that mean the
BH-30 can't handle a 300mm/f2.8 lens? Of course not! Our BH-30 ballhead is robust enough for
occasional use with even a 400mm/f4 lens. But if you primarily use a 300mm/f2.8 lens (and
bigger) for your tripod work, we guarantee you'll be happier with our BH-55 full-size ballhead.
Bigger loads simply handle better on a bigger ball, period. So when you're trying to decide
which ballhead is going to be best for you, consider that load capacity is only one of many
features to consider. Any questions? Call our onsite pros and we'll help you choose the best
support system for your gear.
BH-30 User Manual